FAQ

Q. Is it safe to use around people with asthma, allergies, or immune deficiencies?

A. Yes. All of our products are non-corrosive, non-flammable, and will not produce dangerous Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). They are all EPA Approved with a Level IV toxicity rating; the same rating toothpaste has.

Q. What’s wrong with using bleach to disinfect?

A. Bleach is an effective low-cost disinfectant with a high EPA toxicity level. In practice however, bleach loses its cost advantage and its performance rapidly diminishes over time. In the presence of organic matter (the everyday contamination we deal with), bleach loses its effectiveness and requires an extra pre-cleaning step, unlike today’s one-step cleaners/disinfectants. Its caustic nature often requires a secondary rinse unlike most modern disinfectants. In addition to the extra labor requirements, diluted bleach loses its effectiveness within 24 hours and must be prepared daily. Excess bleach must be discarded each day. Of particular importance to many of our clients who are exposed to bleach on a daily basis, long-term exposure to bleach has well documented health consequences. And if that’s not enough of a reason to consider switching, prolonged use of bleach rapidly degrades furnishings and equipment, unnecessarily increasing your capital expenditures.

Q. What kind of surfaces can Advanced Germ Control Protect?

A. Any surface can be protected from hard to soft. Germs and micro-organisms can hide or inhabit any surface and therefore cause problems no matter where they are. Our process can work on any surface providing a more thorough approach to disinfecting your facility.

 

Q. How can you tell if my surfaces are contaminated?

A. We use a process called ATP testing. With a hand held luminometer that reads the residue collected from a swab, you can tell the contamination level on any surface in minutes. ATP is producted by almost all living things in their cell’s organelles called mitochondria. ATP stands for adenosine triphosphate and it is the major ‘currency’ of energy in its phosphodiester bonds (the bonds between the phosphate groups of the ATP molecule).

Q. What is electrostatic spraying?

A. Electrostatic spraying is an electrically charged spray that completely envelopes the object or surface being sprayed insuring complete coverage. Without electrostatics the spray coverage is so uneven that the back side of the target object is not sprayed with the disinfectant. The spray is condensed to 30 to 60 microns and the electrical charge gives it a much stronger than gravity pull, so the molecules find something to grab on to instead of just falling to the ground.

Q. What is the disinfectant used in the process?

A. Our EPA registered Hospital Grade biocide, is tested effective as a sporicide, germicide, bacticide, and fungicide. Its proprietary formulation makes a unique disinfection system. It has tested effective against the most harmful viruses, bacteria, fungi, and spores. It has the highest efficacy, is non harmful to humans, animals

and the environment and is easy to use. Our disinfectant will not produce a harmful residue or noxious odor. It will eliminate malodors from urine, smoke, vomit, bodily fluids, sulfur, ammonia, and much more. It is able to kill and remove the most resilient mold and spores. It is a hospital grade disinfectant AND cleaner with the ability to fulfill many responsibilities all in one product.

Q. What Is the Antimicrobial Residual surface protectant used in the process?

A. The surface protectant forms an odorless, colorless, completely NON-TOXIC microscopic “bed of nails” on a surface and punctures the cell wall of microbes that land on the surface, and then electrocutes the microbe. All of this happens mechanically, so the microbe is unable to build up an immunity to the surface protectant. This protection lasts up to 90 days, no matter how often the surface is wiped down or cleaned. In fact, normal cleaning is necessary to maximize the effectiveness of BioProtect. Without normal cleaning, dirt buildup, paint, dead microbes, etc. will build up a layer of film that prevents the “bed of nails” from coming in contact with Microbes and killing it.

Q. Why can’t current disinfectants do the job?

A. Over 70% of the disinfectants used are toxins used to poison the germs and bacteria. As a side effect they can cause other health related issues. Even more ominous is the mutation that the germs and bacteria and the “super bugs” that develop to avoid these poisons. So not only are we suffering from side effects of poisons used to kill germs, they are not effectively killing germs like they used to. Our disinfectant/cleaner does all the work without the toxic side effects and doesn’t allow the development of “super bugs”.

Q. What are HAI’s (Hospital or Healthcare Acquired Infections)?

A. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that nearly 100,000 people die each year from hospital acquired infections. They also estimate that nearly 2,000,000 become infected with something they got “FROM” a hospital visit. All in all, more people die each year in the U.S. with an HAI than from AIDS, breast cancer and car accidents combined. A report published by the CDC estimates that HAI’s cost the U.S. healthcare system between $28 and $33 billion per year.

Q. What is a biofilm?

A. A biofilm is formed when microorganisms find a receptive environment where they are exposed to food and moisture. The microorganisms work together as a population and secrete a sticky polymer to form a solid matrix attached to a surface. Once a biofilm is established, it is very difficult to eliminate because the microbes are reinforced and protected by the matrix, making them very resistant to sanitizers. Biofilms are often responsible for poor product quality and/or lost product due to contamination, causing costly damage to both product and equipment. The threat of a biofilm can be eliminated with the proper ATP hygiene monitoring, allowing early detection and removal of food residue, thus eliminating the food source for possible biofilm- forming microbes.

Our disinfectant, will cut through biofilm while most other disinfectants will not. Adding a protective coating, as we do in our final step of our disinfection service will prevent future formation of biofilm.

Q. Is the disinfection service expensive?

A. No, if you factor in the cost of doctor visits, time off, employees out sick, and especially possibly eliminating the pain and suffering of one of your loved ones or yourself, this cost is minimal. What would you do to protect your child or family member from contracting a potentially deadly sickness?